Congratulations and welcome to the start of a great Rockets season! Below is important info and several tasks for you.
FIRST – our All-Club kick-off meeting is Sunday, Nov 14 at 7:30pm as an online Zoom meeting. See email for the Zoom link. Please have (at least) one parent attend and the player as well. Learn about the season, tournaments, uniforms, and much more…and possibly win a virtual DOOR PRIZE!!
Here are notes and tasks to prepare for the meeting:
- Medical Release Form – Please complete.
- Apple Pie order form. (Print a copy for yourself and begin to collect pie orders.)
- APPLE PIE SIGNUP (number of pies you need and sign up for a time-slot) – DUE Thurs, Nov 18th noon
- On-line entry for Rockets Directory (includes activities and conflicts)- DUE Wed, Nov 24th
- Rockets Gear order (Link) – DUE Nov 28th.
(Coaches – do not use this link. You MUST order by contacting Kyla)
- SportsEngine membership with Iowa Rockets club. (see below)
Important – Complete your player and family info in the On-line Rockets Directory. Your player and parent contact information is given to your coach and used for the Rockets email distribution list.
SportsEngine membership with Iowa Rockets. There is one final step to place your daughter on an official Iowa Rockets team roster. You have already (a) purchased your USAV/Iowa Region membership ($50) and (b) accepted the OCS commitment invitation to Iowa Rockets. This last step is to link your daughter’s SportsEngine account (the USAV/Iowa Region membership) with Iowa Rockets. See email from David which provides a specific link to SportsEngine. This will log you into SportsEngine, display your current USAV/Iowa membership, then let click a button to accept membership with Iowa Rockets.
Player-Parent-Director season contract
This document shares the expectation for a successful club season. It also includes the tuition amount for each team and the payment schedule. For your tuition, please write 3 checks, – 2 of them post-dated for $300 (or $250 for some teams). You can mail the checks or bring to a practice or the PlayDay on Nov 29th. We will cash the 1st check and hang on to the other two – cashing them on Feb 1 and March 1 of 2021. Kyla will always send an email before those 2 dates, reminding you that we will be cashing those checks. See the mailing address for Rockets below.
Directions: Each player/family must provide a Rockets contract. Download the appropriate form for your team, then print, sign, and return to Rockets.
Download: Select the appropriate team link below to download contract for YOUR player. Complete. Parent and PLAYER sign the form.
** For 11s and 12s you will start with the $600 amount. If you are placed on 12 Black your tuition will increase to $750.Or for your tuition payment, you may write a check(s) and mail them to Iowa Rockets (3 Rapid Creek Dr NE, Iowa City, IA 52240) or place in an envelope with your player’s name and bring to pie making or a practice.
Planning ahead –
- Please check the Rockets November/December calendar (under Team Info) on the website.
- Apple pie making: The most delicious team bonding time. The first of two pie-making dates is Sunday, Nov 21 starting at 1:00pm and Saturday, Dec 4th.
- Rockets Play Day: Sunday, Nov 28 – teams and times will be announced later.
- Tweener Clinic: Plan to attend! We’ll have Setter clinics and All-Skills clinics just for Rocket players on 13s thru 18s teams. 11s & 12s will also have Tweener practices – separately. Dates are likely Dec 27, 28, 29, 30, and 31 during the day with some evening hours. (Different age groups on different dates.)
- Team practices: There will likely be some team practices on Sunday, Jan 2. This will be for teams attending tournaments on Jan 8/9.