Congratulations and welcome to the start of a great Rockets season! Below is important info and several tasks for you.
FIRST – our All-Club kick-off meeting is Thursday, Nov 15 – from 7:15-9:00pm at First Christian Church; 900 Lincolnshire Place, Coralville, IA. We need (at least) one parent to attend and the player as well. Meet your coach, meet your teammates, learn more about Rockets, complete some paperwork, try on uniforms, pay fees and possibly win a DOOR PRIZE!!
Please print the following. Complete and bring them with you to the meeting.
Update your membership to change your team affiliation to QC-Iowa Rockets. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Iowa Region website – iavbreg.org (USAV Membership site)
- Click “My Information” link.
- For “CLUB” – select “QC-Iowa Rockets“
- Save your changes.
To receive info about about practices, upcoming clinics, Rocket Gear, PlayDays, changes, club-wide information and much more – you have to be listed in the ROCKETS DIRECTORY. Please enter your information here… On-line entry for Rockets Directory. This information is not given out to anyone, it is only used by Kyla or David for club-wide emails, and each team only has access to their own team’s information.
Planning ahead –
- Please check the Rockets November/December calendar (under Team Info) on the website.
- Apple pie making: The most delicious team bonding time. The first of three pie-making dates is Sunday, Nov 18 starting at 1:00pm
- Rockets playday: Sunday, Nov 25 – teams and times will be announced later.
- College Recruiting activities: (a) likely a seminar in December (b) skill preparation practices for college recruiting video and (c) video taping players for college recruiting videos.
- Tweener Clinic: Plan to attend! We’ll have Setter clinics and All-Skills clinics just for Rocket players for 13s thru 18s teams. 11s & 12s will also have Tweener practices – separately. Dates are likely Dec 27(evening only), 28, 29, and 30 during the day with some evening hours.
- Team practices: There will likely be some team practices on Sunday, Dec 31. This will be for teams attending tournaments on Jan 5/6.