Iowa Rockets Jr HS 4s League for 2022
It’s a wrap! All the players had a GREAT time at the Iowa Rockets Jr HS 4v4 tournament! Great rallies, great competition, great friends!
Enjoy the pics of some of the teams. Thank you for attending and we’ll see you again NEXT YEAR for the Iowa Rockets Jr HS 4v4 League!
What: Iowa Rockets 4 vs 4 league. Players going into 6th or 7th or 8th grade.
When: Sun, Mon, Wed August 7, 8, and 10, 2022. Rockets will provide 1 hour of practice and instruction on the 1st date, Sun August 7th, from 5:00 to 6:00; competition from 6:00-8:30pm. Mon, Wed competition will be from 6 to 9pm.
Where: Scanlon Gym (Mercer park) 2701 Bradford Drive, Iowa City.
Format: 4 vs 4. Playing format will be 1 set to 25pts; playing against 3 different opponents each night. 4 teams per pool. Teams can have up to 5 players on the roster. One player may sub per game. Team must have a minimum of 3 players to play.
Cost: $100 per team for 3 nights of competition. Prizes for first place team. Paid first referee will be provided.
- A responsible adult must be present at the gym. This adult is not a coach – they are a responsible adult affiliated with the team for supervision and assistance.
- If you don’t have a team or if you need an extra player we encourage you to sign up and indicate you are looking for more players – and we’ll help.
- First 2 dates will be pool play for seeding. Last date will be tournament format. Teams earn points on each date to determine final finish.
- Teams will have officiating assignments. Teams will provide 1 score flipper and 2 line judges.
- All game balls and warm-up balls will be provided.
- Warmup will be: Each team full court for 2 minutes followed by 1 minute shared serving.
- Uniforms are not needed.
- Each player must sign a participation waiver.
- Space is limited – sign up your team today. Your spot is guaranteed when your payment is received.
SEND EMAIL to Kyla with your team name, name of ALL players, and name of the team’s responsible adult.
Click to download Sunday’s schedule.
Here’s what players to say about Rockets 4v4 League…
“We are having a great time. Lots of these teams are reallly good!”
“I like playing in the back row. I KNOW it’s made me better.”
And the parents say…
“I didn’t realize how competitive this would be. But the great part is they are having so much fun.”
“We are so glad we came. I love to see the girls do ALL the skills – this is certainly a learning experience for them.”